I'm regretting upgrading to Windows 10 primarily for performance reasons, but also for this "Set up OneDrive" nag that I can't seem to get rid of.
Here is what I've tried so far that hasn't worked:
1. Tried to find it in Add/Remove Programs, but it's not there to uninstall it.
2. Tried to find it in Windows Services, but can't find it to disable it.
3. Went into Task Manager -> Start-up and disabled it, but it still comes up.
4. From the task-bar, right-clicked the icon -> Settings -> General and turned off "Start OneDrive automatically"
5. Tried gpedit.msc, but that doesn't exist in the System32 folder. Also tried it using Windows Powershell with the same result.
I haven't done anything in the registry yet. Also, I suspect this could be because I'm using a Hotmail account as my primary login to Windows. Should I create a local account instead?
I already use another paid cloud service, and I don't want OneDrive at this time. I really wish Microsoft would learn from their mistakes, and stop trying to cram unwanted software down our throats!!