I got a used CISCO ASA 5505 and trying to set it up.
I did following:
1. Update images to:
- ASA Version: 9.2(2)
- ASDM Version: 7.2(2)
2. Factory reset
3. Configure Firewall using the wizard with external Static external IP and internal 172.22.0.0
4. Setup AnyConnect VPN with SSL using vizard
5. Allow ping from inside to the Internet (It didn't work by default)
6. setup RDP to one Windows machine inside
7. Fix AnyConnect by some configuration change (it didn't allow either Internet access or access to any object inside)
8. Allow ASDM remote connection.
My test environments:
Just one Windows PC directly connected to ASA Eth-1 with static IP address: 172.22.0.2
Everything works for a while. From inside I can access Internet, from outside I can RDP and Anyconnect. But after a while (1 hour or so) ASA strangely changing the IP address of the PC to 169.254.38.100 and I can not access Internet from inside anymore. If I restart the ASA the PC IP get back to 172.22.0.2 and everything starts working again.
From Internet I can still access the ASA remotely using ASDM and I can see following Logs:
%ASA-4-411002: Line protocol on Interface Ethernet0/1, changed state to down
%ASA-4-411001: Line protocol on Interface Ethernet0/1, changed state to up
I already change the connection of PC to ASA to Eth-5, still same problem(Just the error log change to Ethernet0/5.
What do you think could be the problem? How even the ASA can effect the Static IP address of the PC?
I included the ASA configuration file also the PC IPConfig when it works and when it doesn't (Bad) .
Thank you in advanced