Windows 10 Programs freeze for 10-15 seconds and then work
Posted on 2016-09-14
I have a problem with an Acer Aspire Z3-165 All in One Desktop running Windows 10.
Essentially programs freeze randomly for a 10-15 seconds and then start working OK. The mouse doesn’t stop working and I can click on other program icons etc. – although the program I clicked on won’t open while this freeze is on. If I click on a few while the freeze is on – for testing – they all then open happily together once the freeze is over.
In between these freezes, the computer runs well.
• Run Various Antivirus programs
• Removed current Antivirus and other programs that run in the background.
• Run as a clean boot.
• Stopped all non-Microsoft services
• Run a full hardware check with PC Check – all passed OK
• Run a Chkdsk
• Updated Windows and checked various drivers including Graphics for updates
• Checked Event Viewer without anything that stands out as an issue
• Task Manager and Performance monitor seem OK although Hard disk activity is sometimes high. Nothing in Performance monitor that singles out an issue, however.
• Disabled Fast Boot
• Done a refresh of Windows 10
The only thing I haven't done yet is run it in safe mode. I intend to try that soon.
The frustrating thing is the testing of the PC. As the problem is random, you think it is sorted and then it just decides not to play ball.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.