I am in the hunt for a file sync system similar to, and as a replacement for, Dropbox.
- Sync between sites via the cloud.
- Run as a service on a server and perhaps workstations.
- Integrate with the file system - meaning the user can work with the files in Explorer or the application, rather than having to download the file from the cloud and upload it when they are done.
- Handle file version conflicts (don't care how)
- Cope with data in the Gigabytes, so file sync needs to be at the bit level.
- Reasonably priced for an SMB.
but not deal breakers
- Be able run on other platforms such as Android
- Encryption - the files are already encrypted on the fly.
- Selective Sync.
A couple of my clients have been using DropBox for this for some time requiring me to doctor the app to run as a service on the server (I know Dropbox don't support this). I am finding that the product is getting less and less tolerant in this configuration so I am looking at a genuine alternative. I have been courted by a number of Enterprise file sync providers (such as Sharefile) but none have met the criteria. SO I am throwing the net to you guys in the hope there is something out there that you are using and can recommend