My client uses an application called Amazing Charts. We recently had them upgrade the SQL software from 32-bit to 64-bit as the performance was taking a hit. They have a MS database that all the computers use, most of them from a remote desktop (we adopted this network a few months ago, don't ask why local users are RDP!) The rest are just workgroup computers, Windows 7.
The setup before was everyone was setup through ODBC, User DSN, SQL Server, using SQL Authentication. This stopped working for everyone. I would get an ODBC - Call Failed. If I went back through the User DSN setup, it and do the test at the end, it shows test successful, but my database still says Call Failed.
On the SQL Server, I created a new user in the security, and gave them all the roles as a test, same scenario.
I added 'Authenticated Users' and tried with users who login to the Terminal Server and the database works fine.
Leads me to believe it's an authentication issue, but I don't get why the SQL authentication stopped working, and how to get it back to working for the machines that are not on the Domain.