• Status: Solved
  • Priority: Medium
  • Security: Public
  • Views: 70
  • Last Modified:

Outlook Autocomplete Not Working

I am unable to send e-mails from my Outlook autocomplete list.  When I add an address from there and hit send I get a message, "Could not complete the operation.  One or more parameters are invalid."  All the solutions online are to clear the autocomplete history, which kind of defeats the purpose.   I have tried removing and re-adding the Outlook profile and running a full repair on Microsoft Office as well as trying to send from safe mode.  After each attempt I get the same error.  To make sure the autocomplete file wasn't the issue I copied it over to a different PC and used NK2Edit to successfully merge it, and I can send from the other machine fine.
0
DenTechCO
Asked:
DenTechCO
1 Solution
 
Scott CSenior Systems EnginerCommented:
What version of Exchange?

If it's 2010 or higher you can try a mailbox repair request.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff625221(v=exchg.141).aspx

Since you did a new profile, and can use the nickname file on another computer, that's about all you have left besides trying a new Windows profile on that machine.
0
 
DenTechCOAuthor Commented:
They are running Outlook 2010 and the e-mail is Office 365 Exchange Online.  Like I said it worked fine when I merged it to another PC's Outlook.  To my knowledge, the autocomplete is separate from the actual Exchange mailbox.
0
 
John HurstBusiness Consultant (Owner)Commented:
Autocomplete corrupts fairly easily. If broken, the only solution is to delete and allow it to rebuild. I keep all my important email addresses in my Contacts so that I have them if needed.
0
Simplify Active Directory Administration

Administration of Active Directory does not have to be hard.  Too often what should be a simple task is made more difficult than it needs to be.The solution?  Hyena from SystemTools Software.  With ease-of-use as well as powerful importing and bulk updating capabilities.

 
DenTechCOAuthor Commented:
But if the autocomplete were corrupt, then how is it working on a separate machine using the same .dat file?  I've tried backing up the .dat file, removing the outlook profile, re-adding the email account, and then using Nk2edit to import the .dat.  This will work on any other machine which implies that the autcomplete file is not corrupted it's something to do with Office on the problem computer.
0
 
John HurstBusiness Consultant (Owner)Commented:
Thank you for the clarification. Try:

1. On the problem computer, uninstall Office, restart and install / update Office again.

2. Set up a new, test, Windows User Profile (Account). Log into the new Windows Account, set up Outlook and test Autocomplete.

By the way NK2 files died with Office 2007 and now Stream Autocomplete is used.
0
 
Edwin HofferTechnical ExpertCommented:
Dear User,

Few days earlier, I was having the same problem. When I searched about my error "Could not complete the operation. One or more parameters are invalid." on Google, then I get an informative Article on same error message http://www.pstrecovery.net/blog/could-not-complete-the-operation-one-or-more-parameters-are-not-valid-outlook.html.

Thanks & Regards
Edwin Hoffer
0
 
John HurstBusiness Consultant (Owner)Commented:
@DenTechCO - Thank you and I was happy to help.
0

Featured Post

Making Bulk Changes to Active Directory

Watch this video to see how easy it is to make mass changes to Active Directory from an external text file without using complicated scripts.

Tackle projects and never again get stuck behind a technical roadblock.
Join Now