Hi, i want to create an SPF record but:
- My hosting provider hasn't an SPF area, but only TXT area
- Surfing the web i can find a lot of info or best practices, but i don't know which follow ("don't use INCLUDE
mechanism, if you use A
mechanism you have to first create a dns A
record, don't write more of 405 char, don't use ~ALL because it cause SOFT FAIL.....and so on)
- we send mail with two different SMTP Authenticad server, external to our network. Only in case of trouble, directly with our MX record
- trying to validate my txt spf record here:
i receive Ok but with a warning a can't understand:
Results - record processed without error.
The result of the test (this should be the default result of your record) was, ambiguous . The explanation returned was, SPF Ambiguity Warning: No MX records found for mx mechanism: example.com
- this is record i created:
v=spf1 mx include:_smtpsvc.xxxxxxxxx
x.com include:_spf.yyyyyyyyyyyy -all
Please help me creating a correct and validate record for my domain, and clear me benefits of making it.
Really thanks, sorry for my english, ask me for details
This means the provider updates the list once and in one place only if a change is made to their infrastructure.
Another useful tool is http://www.mail-tester.com