Ok I am going to explain this the best I can. I am trying to create a Form for our inventory transfers. There will always be a exact place where the product comes from and where the product is going.
This form will be used only for Inventory transfers. Such as Shelf to Shelf, Bin to Bin, or Shelf to Bin and etc.....
This is my idea so far as to what I need. For the Form
There will be 4 fields in this form
All 4 fields are in the ProdMovements Table and linked to other tables by relationships.
- ProductID (Found In the Products Table)
- LocID (Found In the Locations Table) (Caption: From Location)
- LocID (Found In the Locations Table) ****Prodmovements table truly only has 1 LocID field in it.****(Caption: To Location)
On the form will be a Command Button:
- The Command Button is a two Event/Action process (In/Out)
- 1 Event/Action ran at a time. Run1 and then Run2
- Run2 can NOT be started until Run1 Event/Action has already taken place And you do another Event/Action(Example Click)
- e.g. = Click Run1 and then Click again Run2
- (For Inventory Transfer From)
Run1 = Decrease (Form.Quantity) from (Form.FromLocation) for (Form.ProductID)
- (For Inventory Transfer To)
Run2 = Increase (Form.Quantity) To (Form.ToLocation) for (Form.ProductID)
- ReasonMoveID = 14 = Transfer Out
- ReasonMoveID = 13 = Transfer In
I would like for the command button on click Run1 make a New record row in the ProdMovements Table (e.g. ProdmovementID 555) with the ReasonMoveID field in ProdMovements Table Automatically set to 14
Then for the command button on click Run2 make a New record row in the ProdMovements Table (e.g. = ProdmovementID 556 or 777 etc...) with the ReasonMoveID field in ProdMovements Table Automatically set to 13