Windows Previous Versions
Posted on 2016-10-14
I don't seem to have any previous versions to restore my files from on my WinX desktop
I don't believe I have any permanent defrag options running
I checked the the requirements :
- System Properties / Configure / Turn on System Protection for the drive(s) that you want to have previous versions of it's files and folders available. =>set disk space usage to 20%
- Server - Service set as default of Started and Automatic.
- TCP/IP NetBios Helper - Service set as default of Started and Automatic.
- Volume Shadow Copy - Service set as default of Manual.
- Workstation - Service set as default of Started and Automatic.
Does this correctly sum up the requirements ?
I ran "vssadmin list shadowstorage" and it indicated that my 2% was already used up so I guess I have my answer, right ?
How often does Windows execute an 'image' save ?