Slow response from local application to apache webserver on localhost when network adapter enabled.
Posted on 2016-10-14
I have a service written in VB.net 2003 which has been used for some years (mostly on windows XP Pro). The service collects data from a hardware box and then posts data to a php page on Apache webserver running on the same machine as localhost (127.0.0.1)
Have found an issue where data is transferring at a very slow speed. Normally it can post data as 2 posts a second. When the system with an issue will only post data every 30 to 70 seconds. This causes the system to grind to a halt.
The php page which receives the post makes connections to the mysql server. I have tested the queries and all are running fast, less then a few mS per query.
Now I have found if I "disable" the ethernet and wifi adapters in Windows , the system recovers and run as normal (2 posts a second).
Then re-enable the adapters and it will run normal for a short period (anywhere from 10secs to 10mins) and then slow up.
The issue machine is a Windows 7 Home 64bit.
I have disable IPV6 on both adapters.
I have removed the ::1 from the hosts file and put in the following 2 lines:
I am running Xampp 1.7.7
+ Apache 2.2.21
+ MySQL 5.5.16 (Community Server)
+ PHP 5.3.8 (VC9 X86 32bit thread safe) + PEAR
Apache is using Port 80 (SSL port disabled).