I was looking for confirmation that I am thinking about this public folder migration correctly. The overview is:
- Migration from Exchange 2010 to Exchange 2013
- All user mailboxes will be moved prior to migrating public folders
- There is approximately 860GB of PF data to migrate
- There are only a handful of top level public folders, approximately 15
- There are 49,041 folders in the entire hierarchy
- No folder within the hierarchy has more than 10,000 folders directly beneath it
If I am reading this correctly, we should be safe to migrate from 2010 to 2013 provided we have 10 public folder mailboxes with a limit of 100GB each, right? https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn594582(v=exchg.160).aspx
Also, users should see no real difference in the way that they view their data, as the hierarchy is stored within each public folder mailbox?
Finally, are there any caveats I should be aware of?
Thank you for your time.