I have a client who owns a 2 story building and leases another 2 story building that are about 250-300 feet apart of each other.
- We currently have Comcast as our ISP for both buildings (phone and internet).
- I would like to connect the two offices on the same subnet without having to setup a VPN
- Without getting too technical about phone systems, we are upgrading our entire phone system with a new Avaya system. In order communicate with the 2nd building via phone extensions, we have to install IP phones in the second building. Doing so, I need to create a VPN between the two building per the Avaya installation company) so the phone system can communicate the way the client needs them to comunicate.
- there's no cost effective or legal option to run a line under ground
- For now, I will setup a VPN between the two buildings
In the near future, I would like to setup a wireless connection between the two buildings. This is not my field but I believe I want to setup a wireless dish that allows a POE connection to a switch at both buildings. From what I read, the technology I should be researching is "Air Fiber". I know air fiber is used in areas where the two connection points have much greater distance then that what I need. Maybe there's a different and more cost effective technology.
- I do not want to install a "Wireless access point". It needs to support good bandwidth
Looking for feedback and recommendations