Hi, although I recently successfully set up my new HP OfficeJetPro 6970 (actually, 6978), it's now not printing (from my HP Pavilion Desktop, wired). At first it printed but now, nothing. The printer is online but when I go to print it goes offline as the print job is queued. But I can print reliably from my HP Notebook.
When the printer is idle, it's online. When I go to print, the program recognizes it as online. But it won't print, and goes offline instead of printing. A little while later, it's online.
I had connectivity issues for 2 years and with 2 different Canon printers. So now maybe it wasn't the Canon printer.
Wireless router is Verizon FIOS, and I have multiple phones and devices that connect fine, never any issues.
The configuration page says:
- Internet: Connected
- 802.11 Wireless
- Status: Connected
- Network Name (SSID): FIOS-Peck
- Signal Strength (1-5): 5
- IPv4: 192.168.1.20 <--- this is the home network
- Wi-Fi Direct - what is this ? is this what the HP notebook is printing to ?
- IPv4: 192.168.223.1 <-- what is this ?
- Number of 802.11 networks discovered: 2
- FIOS-Peck, WPS - No <--- Is this the problem ??? I didn't see any WPS instructions
- FIOS-Peck_2GEXT (Wi-Fi extender upstairs) , WPS - Yes
You can read more about this here
. The HP Forum said try the "Print and Scan Doctor" which I did to no avail.