Here we go! I've tried 100 ways till Tuesday to get this thing going on my own with information from Cisco sites and Google. For the life of me (maybe i'm just slow) Cisco and Microsoft sites makes things wayy too complicated and googling I can not find anything specific to my device [AIR-CAP-1702I-A-K9] & virtual machine ova that Cisco had me download [AIR-CTVM-7-4-150-0.ova] (also. see attached pics). I'm sure its something i'm leaving out or doing completely wrong.
This is what I've done so far:
1. Installed and fired up the Virtual Controller. Entered/Answered setup questions.
2. Setup two NICs (LAN Controller & Service Port) on the virtual controller to match our LAN/VLAN-Wifi port.
3. Rebooted the controller to see if it would discover the WAP <-No-Go.
4. I need to tftp the license into the WAP but this is impossible w/o the IP.
I thought I was well on my way to getting this up and running but I have hit a brick wall!
* I'm not Cisco literate by any means when it comes to CLI configuring Cisco devices but I can follow most any logical documentation that excludes recursive smoke and mirrors. (My excuse for not understanding Cisco's documentation).
This is a very important step that I cant figure out, How do I get the existing IP of the WAP so I can change it to something that matches our LAN or the controller?
*** Please can anyone help me with this or point me in the direct to some clear documentation or video? ***
Thank you all in advance!