I have a client who has a domain name registered with their registrant,
- has their own on-prem exchange server
- and a website hosted by a 3rd party.
- The website also creates emails when someone makes an online inquiry/feedback.
Today I tried to get the SPF record edited by the registrant, to include the website hosting providers domain and had what equates to an argument via chat over what is/isn't possible. So I'm here in the court of Experts Exchange to see what your thoughts are.
Exchange gateway address = 220.127.116.11
(just an example and sorry if its your IP)
Current spf = v=spf1 ip4:18.104.22.168 -all
Website hosting provider = worldsecuresystems.com
(their real domain name)
Questions: (and some i know the answer but am starting as if I know nothing in case I am wrong)
- Is it possible to add a 2nd mail server to the SPF record?
- Can you have a mix of IP's and FQDN's in an spf record
- Is the spf syntax v=spf1 ip4:22.214.171.124 Include:worldsecuresystems.com -All
Reading resources on Googles own SPF reference talks about this exact scenario, yet openspf.org doesn't (or I haven't yet found)