Want to build a web site for a business. Where to start?
Posted on 2016-11-08
Hello, I need to work on getting a website up and running, hopefully something I can build with a builder tool (I am not a web developer) and get it running and then start to look for help from developers to really refine and customize it later down the road but if I wanted to get a site going that is on the line of AngiesList.com and CraigsList.com but totally different topics.
Basically I need to put together a site that I can add enough plugins to get where I need to get it started and live.
To start with I need a way people can go to the site and list an item or go to the site to view the item so I would need a way to setup two different accounts, one for buyers and one for sellers. Preferably a plug in that will allow me to charge a monthly or 6 month, yearly fee.
I would need a way that the seller can setup a listing and add a pic, use links in the listing to communicate with the seller.
The thing is though the buyers would NOT use the site to purchase the item, it is such an item that they would have to meet in person and setup their own transaction. So I would not be able to charge based on the sale of the item, only through a membership fee or advertisements on the site.
Mainly what I am trying to figure out in this question is what path or paths to go down first. I would hate to realize I am using a tool or hosting company that just can’t do what I need and I have to worry about migrating to another tool or service or starting from scratch.
Main things needed:
1. Site where a user or buyer can setup an account (two or more account types with different abilities and features, like buyers can’t post a listing)
2. Ability to charge differently for user or buyer accounts (Buyer pays .99 cents, seller pays $5)
3. Ability to add pictures to listing (videos would be nice too but trying to avoid need for large amount of storage until it grows more)
4. Ability for buyers to communicate through the listing to the seller (so email does not have to be exchanged at first)
5. Ability to publish links and documents specific to each account type (buyers can see area with A docs and sellers see area with B docs)
6. Ability for the buyers to fill out a questionnaire that the seller can customize (Like do you have a drivers license, do you have auto insurance etc.)