Can only run Explorer.exe as administrator
Posted on 2016-11-09
Have a computer that will not run Explorer.exe on login when logging in to all user accounts except administrator.
Get the following message when logging into Normal mode:
Explorer.exe - Application Error
The application was unable to start correctly (0xc00000022). Click OK to close the application.
Have tried the following but still having issues:
1) Ran Full Webroot scan - no issues found
2) Ran Full Malwarebytes scan - no issues found
3) Ran sfc /scannow - no issues found
4) Ran msconfig with minimum number of startup items
5) Ran chkdsk /f - did not help
6) Tried uninstall all Windows updates from past couple of weeks
7) System restore was not available so could not try that
1) Everything works normally logged in as the Administrator user. Other user accounts that are group admins do not work.
2) Explorer.exe works for all users in Safe Mode.
3) Explorer.exe works for all users if we run as Administrator.
Looking for ideas. I can reinstall but the computer came with Windows 8.1 but ordered with a downgraded install of Windows 7 but it did come with Windows 7 installation.