Have a computer that will not run Explorer.exe on login when logging in to all user accounts except administrator.
Get the following message when logging into Normal mode:
Explorer.exe - Application Error
The application was unable to start correctly (0xc00000022). Click OK to close the application.
Have tried the following but still having issues:
1) Ran Full Webroot scan - no issues found
2) Ran Full Malwarebytes scan - no issues found
3) Ran sfc /scannow - no issues found
4) Ran msconfig with minimum number of startup items
5) Ran chkdsk /f - did not help
6) Tried uninstall all Windows updates from past couple of weeks
7) System restore was not available so could not try that
1) Everything works normally logged in as the Administrator user. Other user accounts that are group admins do not work.
2) Explorer.exe works for all users in Safe Mode.
3) Explorer.exe works for all users if we run as Administrator.
Looking for ideas. I can reinstall but the computer came with Windows 8.1 but ordered with a downgraded install of Windows 7 but it did come with Windows 7 installation.
If you get continual lockouts after changing your Active Directory password, there are several possible reasons. Two of the most common are using other devices to access your email and stored passwords in the credential manager of windows.
There are many software programs on offer that will claim to magically speed up your computer. The best advice I can give you is to avoid them like the plague, because they will often cause far more problems than they solve. Try some of these "do it…
If you’ve ever visited a web page and noticed a cool font that you really liked the look of, but couldn’t figure out which font it was so that you could use it for your own work, then this video is for you!
In this Micro Tutorial, you'll learn yo…
Want to learn how to record your desktop screen without having to use an outside camera. Click on this video and learn how to use the cool google extension called "Screencastify"!
Step 1: Open a new google tab
Step 2: Go to the left hand upper corn…