I'm trying to make an alias of a .exe file and have completed the following steps:
- Clicked on start and typed in “regedit”
- Clicked on HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
- Expanded “Software” then expanded “Microsoft”, then expanded “Windows”, then expanded “Current Version”, then expanded “APP Paths”.
- Right-clicked on “App Paths” and chose “New Key"
- Named the key “merge-csv.exe” and then went to the right side of the screen where it says “Default” and double clicked on it, then gave it the following path.
C:\Program Files\Merge csv files\dist\merge_csv.exe
When I went to search for the alias using the input field under "Start", no results came up.
I wondered if anyone could tell me what I might be doing wrong or is there another way to create an alias of a .exe file?
Would really appreciate any help.