IPv6 and IPv4 Subnetting scheme
Posted on 2017-01-20
I have an office site that will have close to 650 users in Total.
My first question is can I enable IPv6 for the LAN, and IPv4 as well , for the IPv4 I am thinking to 10 network. What do I need to enable IPv6 on the LAN and is that good thing?
I would like an IP Scheme or vlans that will serve that following.
1. Basement floor.
3. 1st floor.
4. 2nd floor
5. 3rd floor
There will also be different networks for the following
1. Security and door access.
2. Wi-Fi For LAN and Guest.
3. Management network for the network devices.
6. Video --> that should be for the multi-media devices
8. Wi-Fi --> To server 1500 users (internal and external)
7. Native Vlan
8. Interlink vlan between the firewall and core switch.
I also need to do in the end a route summarization for this office.
Any comments and replies are highly appreciated.