Issues after an update from Exchange 2016 RTM to CU4: temporary mailbox and search result

kt3z
kt3z used Ask the Experts™
on
All users are connected locally (Outlook 2016 lastest update of Office 365 business premium) to the Exchange 2016.   Exchange 2016 has been updated from RTM to CU4.  

- we had to rebuild the profile for some users because they were receiving the "temporary mailbox" problem:  "your mailbox has been temporarily moved on MS Exchange Server. a temporary mailbox exists..."  

- The search result in Outlook is no longer showing the name of the sender for all emails of last week an older but it shows the right result for the most recent emails.  We've been trying te re-index in Outlook.  All Exchange services in Exchange are running including search.   It's only in Outlook, OWA shows the send for all emails in the search result.

Thank you
Comment
Watch Question

Do more with

Expert Office
EXPERT OFFICE® is a registered trademark of EXPERTS EXCHANGE®
Aanand Singh KarkiAssociate Consultant

Commented:
Hi Kt3z,

I think the only option you have to overcome is to create, new profile as mentioned here https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/3197025/-your-mailbox-has-been-temporarily-moved-to-microsoft-exchange-server-message-when-an-office-365-user-opens-outlook, however, for Outlook indexing issue, I would suggest you, to repair the Office on online mode and see if works?

Have you deleted all the profile data (OST files, indexing Folders) before reconfiguring the new Outlook profile?

Regards,
Aanand Singh Karki

Author

Commented:
OK thanks.  But we didn't have the indexing issue before the update fron Exchange 2016 RTM to CU4 and the other problem "temporary mailbox" happened before but only one time.  Since the udpdate we had to re-create the profile for about 15 to 20 users out of 120.  This is very unusual.  

When you say "epair the Office on online mode" do you mean OWA ?  Or Outlook ?  I don't see how from OWA

Thanks again

Author

Commented:
I've made on online repair on Office.  No change.  The result of any search by key words is displayed for all emails that came after the update, but for all emails prior the updates I see the result only by title (the send is not displayed) and all those mails are unread (but they are in Outlook if I don't use search)

The CU4 update did something, but what?  This is very weird.  

Thanks again
Ensure you’re charging the right price for your IT

Do you wonder if your IT business is truly profitable or if you should raise your prices? Learn how to calculate your overhead burden using our free interactive tool and use it to determine the right price for your IT services. Start calculating Now!

Nathan HawkinsTechnical Lead - Network Security
Commented:
I recently upgraded from CU2 to CU4 and have found that there have been some security related changes/fixes. Some of those seem to be very related to the Host Headers of the box sending the HTTPS request. I am in the process of identifying them as my test Exchange 2016 environment no longer is able to view OWA as a result of the upgrade.
Commented:
CU5 has corrected all issues we had

Thanks again

Author

Commented:
CU5 fix all the problems we had

Do more with

Expert Office
Submit tech questions to Ask the Experts™ at any time to receive solutions, advice, and new ideas from leading industry professionals.

Start 7-Day Free Trial