I had this question after viewing Internet browsers not working but can ping and connect remotely
A Windows Server 2012, not the domain controller, on the network has this problem. All the computers do not have it. This Windows Server can ping all sorts of websites but times out trying to load webpages. It can load Google.com, open the links on the Google homepage (About, Privacy, Terms...) not the Google search results pages.
After each of the attempted fixes, we get the message:
The connection has timed out.
The server at XXX is taking too long to respond.
... check your computer's network connection ...
Things we have tried:
- Tried with Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Tried with Firefox
- Reset Firefox settings
- Cleared the Firefox cache
- Tried with Windows Firewall disabled
- Scanned for viruses and found none with Webroot
- Uninstalled Webroot
- Checked for proxy settings and tried with and without
- netsh winsock reset all - then restarted the server
- netsh int ip reset all - then restarted the server
- Reset the Comcast modem/router
- Tried different receptacles on the network switch
Any ideas? Thank you in advance!