I have a plan for a domain migration and would just like to know if you men and women would like to have a quick look over it and see if I've missed anything that may cause issues. I only have tonight to complete the migration.
1) Network 1 - domain company1.local - ip range 192.168.11.x - 15 users - sage accounts, 2 programs which use SQL databases. 2 servers, both DC's
2) Network 2 - domain parentcompany.local - ip range 192.168.1.x - 150 users - sage accounts, 2 programs which use SQL databases, various other packages - 12 servers.
both are currently linked together using a trust and are held together using a VPN tunnel through 2 draytek 2830N routers.
Both servers and networks can see each other with no issues.
Get rid of company1.local and merge all users and servers into parentcompany.local
1) Install ADMT
2) create local administrator accounts on all 15 machines at company 1
3) Make local admin accounts on all databases
4) run ADMt and migrate all users and SIDs from company1.local to parentcompany.local
5) join all 15 machines to parentcompany.local using profwiz (https://www.forensit.com/uk/downloads.html
6) dcpromo both servers
7) join them both 2 new domain - 1 as a DC
8) Reshare shared folders/printers etc
9) setup programs to connect to SQL DB using new logons
10) remap sage drives
If there is anythign you think I have missed or should be doing please let me know.
Thanks for any advice.