Avatar of superiofan
 asked on

Exchange ActiveSync

I'm having problems with one account using an adroid phone with Exchange ActiveSync.

This was after a migration from Exchange 2010 to 2016.    

Tried another account on this phone and it Sync'ed fine.   Tried the account on another phone and it did not work on that phone either.  

OWA for the account works fine.  

The account creates on the phone but nothing Sync's.  

This is the largest account on the server almost 4.5GB
Exchange* OWAAndroid

Avatar of undefined
Last Comment

8/22/2022 - Mon

Log in or sign up to see answer
Become an EE member today7-DAY FREE TRIAL
Members can start a 7-Day Free trial then enjoy unlimited access to the platform
Sign up - Free for 7 days
Learn why we charge membership fees
We get it - no one likes a content blocker. Take one extra minute and find out why we block content.
Not exactly the question you had in mind?
Sign up for an EE membership and get your own personalized solution. With an EE membership, you can ask unlimited troubleshooting, research, or opinion questions.
ask a question
Mitchell Milligan

I had the same exact problem in my environment and Amit's solution is the one that resolved it for us.
Tim Edwards

Have you verified that active-sync feature is enabled for this user?

Any error log on the sync that can provide clues?
All of life is about relationships, and EE has made a viirtual community a real community. It lifts everyone's boat
William Peck

where do I find security under properties?   I'm in the Active Directory Users and Computers.  Under the user Properties I don't see security tab.

found this in error log

Exception type: Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.ADOperationException
Exception message: Active Directory operation failed on xxxxx.local.xxxxxxxx.org. This error is not retriable. Additional information: Access is denied.
Active directory response: 00000005: SecErr: DSID-031521E1, problem 4003 (INSUFF_ACCESS_RIGHTS), data 0

Exception level: 1

note I changed the domain name in this example.  This user has administrator rights as they are a co-administrator of the domain.

also this error in the log

HttpStatusCode: InternalServerError
AirSyncStatusCode: ServerErrorRetryLater
ProtocolLoggerString: ADOperationException1:Active Directory operation failed on xxxxxx.local.xxxxxxxxxxxx.org. This error is not retriable. Additional information: Access is denied.
Active directory response: 00000005: SecErr: DSID-031521E1, problem 4003 (INSUFF_ACCESS_RIGHTS), data 0

[No XmlResponse]
Exception stack trace:    at Microsoft.Exchange.AirSync.Common.ADDeviceManager.CreateActiveSyncDeviceContainer(Boolean retryIfFailed)
Get an unlimited membership to EE for less than $4 a week.
Unlimited question asking, solutions, articles and more.

advance.jpgEnable advance feature in AD snap-in. Then open user properties again.
Tim Edwards

Best was to do enable to active-sync feature is log into the Exchange admin console and enable the feature;

In the EAC, navigate to Recipients > Mailboxes.
In the list of user mailboxes, click the mailbox that you want to enable or disable Exchange ActiveSync for, and then click Edit Edit icon.
On the mailbox properties page, click Mailbox Features.
Under Mobile Devices, do one of the following:
To disable Exchange ActiveSync click Disable Exchange ActiveSync.
A warning appears asking if you're sure you want to disable Exchange ActiveSync. Click Yes.
To enable Exchange ActiveSync, click Enable Exchange ActiveSync.
Click Save to save your change.

If it is enable disable and re-enable

yes I checked to make sure the activesync was enabled.   I did try to disable and re-enable as well.
This is the best money I have ever spent. I cannot not tell you how many times these folks have saved my bacon. I learn so much from the contributors.

Yes this resolved the problem.   Thank you.

Great :)