I am developing a database application on MS access 2016 with SQL Server as the backend.
I am having difficulty with ODBC connection; it seems OK on my own machine (full version of Access) but on the end-users machine(s) which are running various versions of Access runtime.
Through the ODBC connection wizard on the end user machine I used EXACTLY the same configuration options as on my machine. I test the connection and the result is successful, but when I open the application and i get an ODBC error the first time i try to do any data interactions.
Something that might be of help: on one of my forms where I was using a datasheet the data would display fine, then later i changed to a continuous form (same record source) and it comes up blank on the machine running runtime.