Looking for a car audio solution with the following parameters
I have the following
- 2009 Nission Cube with the factory stereo (.8" AUX in)
- Bluetooth to .8" converter
- IPhone with 16 Gb RAM, 5Gb data plan, Plex Media Server client,
- Home-based Plex media server running Centos with 500 Gb Music.
- Windows 10 Virtual Machine on Server running Itunes with all media loaded in library.
Currently, I stream all my music from my home server to my iphone while on the road.
I use the bluetooth / .08" adaptor to get the music from the phone to the stereo.
- Sucks my data plan
- Plex interface doesn't lend itself to voice control.
I've considered ITunes match, downside is it still sucks my data plan.
I like the idea of a car computer. I'm an IT engineer and have lots of old laptops, etc.
Goal is to have 500 Gb of media local to my car and some sort of voice activated control to select it.
I'm willing to invest in hardware and software.
- A car receivers that have a USB external storage and some sort of IOS interface
- Running MAC OS on a laptop with itunes /all media and some sort of hook into itunes on the iphone with audio coming out of either the Ios laptop or the phone?
Digital AudioiPhoneMultiMedia ApplicationsHome TheatersiOS