I am trying to create an SSIS package to take an Excel spreadsheet and automatically import it from a pre-defined folder, the ultimate goal is to have this data inserted into several tables.
I seem to be bumping into the issue where it does not like my data type conversions. I initially had it working directly from Excel to a database, but I have fields which are text and have a leading zero , which has a very significant different value. So I update every field to match the database types, but then I am receive cannot convert between Unicode and non-Unicode. Then I went and attempted to find the equivalent (I.e. DT_STR = CHAR ) but still having issues.
Then read that I need to go from Excel -> Text -> SQL import. That did not work either.