I have already found tons of information on how to do this but none of them work. I need our PC's to authenticate to a specific domain controller because the DC that some clients are connecting to, does not work properly.
Good DC - Windows 2003 (Yes, I know it is old)
Faulty DC - Windows 2008 R2.
This is what have I tried
1. Added SiteName (preferred domain controller) to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\NetBT\Parameters on the PC
2. Added <ipadress> <preferred DC> #PRE #DOM:<domain name> to LMHOSTS file on PC
3. Edited the SRV entry (_keberos and _ldap) in DNS on the DC's and restarted the netlogon service and the dns service
4. Added the PC's subnet to AD Sites and Services
5. Edited the registry on the domain controllers. Edited LdapSrvPriority and set to 0 on the preferred DC and 200 for the faulty DC
Yet despite all of these, a PC still points to the faulty PC.