Was wondering if anyone has experienced the below issues with printing in Citrix. Native Print drivers are installed on the Print Server, and the Citrix PVS Gold Image. Nightly reboots ensure drivers are the same across the board in our Citrix Farm. Not using Citrix Universal Print Drivers or the Citrix Universal Print Server.
Our environment: Windows 2012 R2 as Citrix Servers, Windows 2008 R2 as our print server, using Citrix Workspace Environment Management for certain policies and printer mapping/assignments via Site IP and/or User Account filters.
Citrix specific information: VDA Version 18.104.22.168; Using PVS; WEM 4.2
Host Environment: VMWare 6.5
- 1. Printers displaying in the Devices and Printers, but not in the application.
- 2. Printers displaying in the application, but not in the Devices and Printers.
- 3. Printer showing up as "unspecified device" in Devices and Printers.
- 4. Printer getting mapped automatically, from our print server, even though we haven't mapped it for the user in Citrix?
- 5. Had a case where we had printer not added to the print server, but printer was somehow mapped to users. Had to restrict access to the specific printer via Security options, so paper and confidential information was not printed to this printer accidentally.
Has anyone else experienced the above issues? Does anyone know how we can resolve the issues or prevent them?
If anyone has any idea or input we would like to hear it. If you would like some additional information please let me know.
Thank you all in advance.