We help IT Professionals succeed at work.

Photoshop CC: Is there a gauge that has some hash marks I can display?

I need to adjust image sizes manually for the rime being, since I do not yet know how to maintain aspect ratio on size reduction.

So, I need some measurement tool for the X and for the Y.

Does that exist?
Watch Question

Grid and guides - https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/grid-guides.html

Grid Size is controlled in the Preferences.

Choose Edit > Preferences > Guides, Grids & Slices The Guides, Grids & Slices dialog box appears. In the Grid section choose a Color:, Style:, and Gridline Every: for grid spacing. You can even create Subdivisions for increased accuracy.

When you're satisfied, click OK.
NerdsOfTechTechnology Scientist
You can scale the image preserving the aspect ratio. Under image size, choose percentage.

Here's a link on resize/resample:

curiouswebsterSoftware Engineer