I have an issue with something that has worked many times before, but not so much now. I have a large database of uses of plants by native peoples of north america, 44,691 uses. (Database is online at naeb.brit.org if you'd like to see what it's like} It's native form is FoxPro. I got a request from some college kids in Oregon who want to do a virtual tour of useful trees on their college campus. I said I'd help. I got a list of all the tree species in the county in Oregon where the college is. 113 species. I put their names (latin binomials) in a small database, named MarionORTrees.dbf. The main listing of all the plants is titled bothitem.dbf Here's the list of commands I used. Sciname is the names of the species in Marion County. Synthname is the latin names of all the species in the database.
USE "d:\data files\databases\synth99\MarionORTrees.DBF"
USE "d:\data files\databases\food\bothitem.DBF"
SET ORDER TO SYNTHNAME && SYNTHNAME
SET RELATION TO sciname INTO b
SET SKIP TO b
BROWSE FIELDS a.sciname,b.synthname,b.comname,b.tribe,b.use,b.descrip
BROWSE LAST FOR b.synthname#" "
The last command should show all the relevant info for the items in the main database for trees in Marion County. But it doesn't. I have various outcomes, some really loony, none really right.
I'm using what I believe to be the latest version of Windows 10 Pro: Build 15063