The printer for one of my end users failed. Her manager replaced the printer with an identical (but considerably newer) unit. Both units are OKI B4600.
It wouldn't print so he called me to fix it. I tried deleting the printer (from an administrator account) and reinstalling it. It still wouldn't print. I deleted it again.
This time I just plugged it in. It showed up as an Unspecified Device (which I can only remove by disconnecting the printer). When it does show it installs It shows up immediately as complete. But will not print. I've tried a system restore with the printer unplugged (to go back and delete the printer and try re-connecting it). It still first shows up as an Unspecified Device. Then when I do the install, it still installs immediately (as if without an install process). Shows up as Ready, but will not print.
A Test Page shows in the queue for about 1/10 of a second and disappears, but still no print.
Oh and I nearly forgot: It's on a Windows7 Pro 64 machine.