Failed to export report to a file - Source Safe and Access

I have had an environment of Access 2002 (yes, I know - no comments needed here - we are working on migrating) for which we use Source Safe (v6) to control object changes in a multi-developer environment.  

Last week, all of a sudden, when I try to check in an object I keep getting error messages - leading me to believe that perhaps my Source safe installation is corrupted.  However, today I reinstalled Source safe and to no avail, got the error again.  

The one I'm dealing with right now is "Failed to export report 'rpt......' to a file.".  I've tried deleting the project and pulling it down fresh and reinstalling VSS.  It's weird because it lets me pull down the project without any errors and even check out objects without error.  However, as soon as I try to check my object back in - it gives me this, or a similar, error.  The only recovery is to delete the object and import it from a previous build (mdb outside of VSS).  Then I have to delete my project, bring it down fresh and sometimes I can get one change in before it happens all over again.  HELP!
SpaceCoastLifeAsked:
Who is Participating?

[Product update] Infrastructure Analysis Tool is now available with Business Accounts.Learn More

x
I wear a lot of hats...

"The solutions and answers provided on Experts Exchange have been extremely helpful to me over the last few years. I wear a lot of hats - Developer, Database Administrator, Help Desk, etc., so I know a lot of things but not a lot about one thing. Experts Exchange gives me answers from people who do know a lot about one thing, in a easy to use platform." -Todd S.

PatHartmanCommented:
I don't know much about Source Safe but this sounds like you might have run out of space in the database that SourceSafe is using.  I would look into how that space is defined.  Perhaps it needs to be reorganized and expanded.
0
SpaceCoastLifeAuthor Commented:
The only way I've been able to get around this is to start Access as 'Run as Administrator' - then open my project.  However, before last week I didn't have to do this.  I can only suppose that one of the Microsoft updates caused this issue - but I don't know which one.  It's not ideal, but it works!
0

Experts Exchange Solution brought to you by

Your issues matter to us.

Facing a tech roadblock? Get the help and guidance you need from experienced professionals who care. Ask your question anytime, anywhere, with no hassle.

Start your 7-day free trial
SpaceCoastLifeAuthor Commented:
This is the only solution that I found that worked after trying to analyze and repair the SS database, reinstall Access, reinstall sourcesafe.
0
PatHartmanCommented:
Thanks for telling us how you resolved the issue.  It does sound like some security change.
0
It's more than this solution.Get answers and train to solve all your tech problems - anytime, anywhere.Try it for free Edge Out The Competitionfor your dream job with proven skills and certifications.Get started today Stand Outas the employee with proven skills.Start learning today for free Move Your Career Forwardwith certification training in the latest technologies.Start your trial today
Microsoft Access

From novice to tech pro — start learning today.