1. We have a Windows XP computer which runs an offline PDF to Print comparison.
2. As it is XP we have taken it off our network for security reasons
3. The XP computer is attached to an A1 scanner which scans a printed leaflet
4. The software then compares the printed scan against the original PDF used to generate the print plates
5. For reprints this is OK as a copy of the original PDF already exists on the XP computer
6. For new prints the user needs to go to another computer which is on WorkGroup, browse for the file, copy the original PDF to a USB, copy from the USB to the Windows XP computer, then run comparison
It is step 6 which I am trying to improve. Can I directly connect the XP computer to the networked computer using some sort of software that isolates but still allows a folder to be browsed and a file copied. I hope I have made this clear