I have a few devices on WSUS (WS2008 R2) in following state (see attachment). Some of them are turned off so I understand why they haven't installed updates yet or why I see an older date in Last Status Report column. But some of them are connected and available over a network. Nothing has changed since I used commands wuauclt /detectnow, /reportnow or /resetauthorization (repeatedly).
I connected to these devices remotely and perform these commands but nothing happened.
I also made a batch file and run it on all domain devices:
net stop wuauserv
net start wuauserv
wuauclt /resetauthorization /detectnow
Didn't work either.
Also I've waited a couple of days for any change. Nothing happened.
if the similar systems do exist and they have the same issue, you may work out a pattern to determine the symptom then hopefully determine the reason.