For the past weej I have been racking my brain trying to fix this issue. We have a Hyper-V virtual machine Windows Server 2008 Standard machine that recently started requesting activation. When we try to reactivate we get :
Error Code 0x80070426 - Service Cant be Started.
I was able to identify the services by researching the error code as SLUI Service, and a service it is dependent on Software Licensing. It seems without these services running the server cannot authenticate the license. When we try to restart these services we get:
Error on restart - 0x80070005 - Access is Denied.
An unauthorized change was made to Winodws 0xc0020012
I have tried:
- Running Chkdsk - Fixed errors but no change to activation.
- Pushed into Last Known Configuration. No change.
- Attempted using cmd to start services - Received System Error 5 code
- Verified license is still good with Microsoft
- Attempted Integration Service Upgrade - Get Directory invalid error
So I am stuck an hoping someone has had this experience or a way to fix it.