Pushing VFP data to asp.net Gridview Issue

I have a web service pushing vfp data (oledb dataset) from server A to an asp.net app's gridview on server B.
The date fields showing up in the grid are ALL the previous date. For example, the raw data is 11/20/2017, yet the gridview will show 11/19/2017. I also tried with the asp.net app installed on a completely different server, on a different network. I get the same results.  
However, if I call the web service from server A to my asp.net dev PC, I get the proper dates showing up.
I've tried coding the webservice using both ODBC and oledb and the results are the same. Any ideas?
Paul RaymondAsked:
Who is Participating?

[Product update] Infrastructure Analysis Tool is now available with Business Accounts.Learn More

x
I wear a lot of hats...

"The solutions and answers provided on Experts Exchange have been extremely helpful to me over the last few years. I wear a lot of hats - Developer, Database Administrator, Help Desk, etc., so I know a lot of things but not a lot about one thing. Experts Exchange gives me answers from people who do know a lot about one thing, in a easy to use platform." -Todd S.

jrbbldrCommented:
For clarification purposes......

the raw data is 11/20/2017
As seen from where?      
*  Within the source data table?
*  Or (MORE IMPORTANTLY) as seen when you put the URL into your browser and then read the results on your browser screen?

That will help differentiate if the data is really coming out of the Web Service correctly.

If that proves to be accurate, then just walk through your .Net code as it processes the individual parts of the data to see what is happening.

Good Luck
1
pcelbaCommented:
This has nothing to do with ODBC or OLE DB but you should check time zones set on different devices. From what you described it seems the server B has different time zone from server A or your dev PC.  Even the browser (or rather JS code) can adjust the date displayed.
1
Paul RaymondAuthor Commented:
Thanks for your input everyone. I did rule out the timezone as the issue. My initial attempt was using vfpoledb and OLE DB on the webservice running locally on the server with the vfp datafiles (via Linked Server on MS-SQL. When I noticed the anomaly I tried using ODBC as the connection on the web service. Same results. Finally,  my workaround was to create Views in MS-SQL using the OpenQuery() function on the VFP tables, then do my data reading on the views. This seems to work and provides me with the right date values on my ASP.net web application.
1

Experts Exchange Solution brought to you by

Your issues matter to us.

Facing a tech roadblock? Get the help and guidance you need from experienced professionals who care. Ask your question anytime, anywhere, with no hassle.

Start your 7-day free trial
pcelbaCommented:
This sounds horrible... OpenQuery() on linked DBF table is very slow but if it works for you then OK. Even when we don't investigate where the problem is please select your post as an answer. This work around is worth to keep in history.
1
Paul RaymondAuthor Commented:
Workaround
0
It's more than this solution.Get answers and train to solve all your tech problems - anytime, anywhere.Try it for free Edge Out The Competitionfor your dream job with proven skills and certifications.Get started today Stand Outas the employee with proven skills.Start learning today for free Move Your Career Forwardwith certification training in the latest technologies.Start your trial today
ASP.NET

From novice to tech pro — start learning today.