Experts Exchange Solution brought to you by
"The solutions and answers provided on Experts Exchange have been extremely helpful to me over the last few years. I wear a lot of hats - Developer, Database Administrator, Help Desk, etc., so I know a lot of things but not a lot about one thing. Experts Exchange gives me answers from people who do know a lot about one thing, in a easy to use platform." -Todd S.
TDE encryption can be performed over a set of datatypes and the size of the column to be encrypted must not exceed the maximum size defined below.
· CHAR (Maximum Size: 1932 bytes)
· INTERVAL DAY TO SECOND
· INTERVAL YEAR TO MONTH
· NCHAR (Maximum Size: 966 bytes)
· NVARCHAR2 (Maximum Size: 16,315 bytes)
· RAW (Maximum Size: 32,699 bytes)
· TIMESTAMP (Includes TIMESTAMP WITH LOCAL TIME ZONE and TIMESTAMP WITH TIME ZONE)
· VARCHAR2 (Maximum Size: 32,699 bytes)
Facing a tech roadblock? Get the help and guidance you need from experienced professionals who care. Ask your question anytime, anywhere, with no hassle.
From novice to tech pro — start learning today.
Members can enroll in this course at no extra cost.