I have two Dell Rx730 PowerEdge servers on which I have deployed and setup Exchange 2016 server. Both servers are part of one DAG.
Each server have two NICs of 10 Gigabit Ethernet Cards. Right now only one 10 Gigabit Ethernet Cards on each server is being used. I want to use other NIC as well for NIC high availability.
1. Should we simple plug the cable to another NIC and set the another IP of same network so servers can communicate with each other on two NICs of same subnet. In this case if one network card fails then server would be reachable through anoter IP or NIC. Can we do this way? If not then what is reason behined it?
2. We can create NIC teaming using these two 10 GB NICs. If NIC teaming is right option as campre to above one then what
configuration from given below is best practice for Exchange.
1. Switch Independent configuration / Address Hash distribution
2. Switch Independent configuration / Dynamic distribution
3. Switch Dependent configuration / Address Hash distribution
4. Switch Dependent configuration / Dynamic distribution
Note: We are aware about PA for Exchange ( use only one 10 GB NIC) but as we have two 10 GB NICs on each server so we want to utilize them.