We currently run Exchange 2010 SP3 On-Premise and from some reason all of a sudden new users cannot get email on their IPhone's using ActiveSync. Existing users work fine.
When i look at the Event Logs it shows
Event ID: 1008
An exception occurred and was handled by Exchange ActiveSync. This may have been caused by an outdated or corrupted Exchange ActiveSync device partnership. This can occur if a user tries to modify the same item from multiple computers. If this is the case, Exchange ActiveSync will re-create the partnership with the device. Items will be updated at the next synchronization.
--- Exception start ---
Exception type: Microsoft.Exchange.AirSync
Exception message: A null value was received for the NTSD security descriptor of container CN=ExchangeActiveSyncDevic
Exception level: 0
This request does not contain a WBXML response.
Exception stack trace: at Microsoft.Exchange.AirSync
globalInfo, ExDateTime syncStorageCreationTime, Boolean retryIfFailed)
--- Exception end ---.
To try and resolve the issue i have tried the following:
1. I have tried suggestion in this website: http://www.it.ltsoy.com/exchange/mobile-phones-do-not-sync-with-new-exchange-2013
- Issue still exists
2. Unchecked "Include inheritable permissions from this object's parent" tickbox in Advance Permissions options of User and re-ticked - Issue still exists
3. Opened ADSIEDIT and performed step 2. as shown above - Issue still exists
4. Restarted IIS - Issue still exists
5. Restarted Exchange Server - Issue still exists
6. Created a completely new user - Issue still exists
7. Compared problematic user with a user that works - Permissions identical
8. Re-applied Service Pack 3, restarted, re-applied SP3 Updates and restarted - Issue Still exists.
I have run out of things to try. Is there anything else I can check ?