OAB Not downloading - OAB 0x8004010F an object cannot be found EX2013

I did a migration from 2007 to 2013. I have completed uninstall of exchange 2007 and decommissioned from the network.
I am receiving the above OAB download error from internal and external clients. The following items have been configured/checked:

- 1 Exchange 2013 Server
- 3 Databases, all are pointed to the  Default OAB Generated by the EX2013 Server.
- Get-ClientAccessServer AutodiscoverServiceInternalURi is points to https://xzy.com/autodiscover/autodiscover.xml
- GetOabVirtualDirtectory points to https://xyz.com/OAB
-  performing an Internal Outlook Test produces no path for OAB under OOF URL in the results.
- Performing an external Outlook test produces no path for OAB under OOF URL in the Results.
- Get-AutodiscoverVirtualDirectory | fl Identity,InternalURL,ExternalUrl produces nothing (I believe this is supposed to be correct)

Am I missing a configuration check or should I just create a new Offline Address book, and point the databases to use that one?
BKennedy2008Asked:
Who is Participating?

[Product update] Infrastructure Analysis Tool is now available with Business Accounts.Learn More

x
I wear a lot of hats...

"The solutions and answers provided on Experts Exchange have been extremely helpful to me over the last few years. I wear a lot of hats - Developer, Database Administrator, Help Desk, etc., so I know a lot of things but not a lot about one thing. Experts Exchange gives me answers from people who do know a lot about one thing, in a easy to use platform." -Todd S.

MASEE Solution Guide - Technical Dept HeadCommented:
Hi Bkennedy2008,
Please check this article. If not fixed please let us know.
https://www.experts-exchange.com/articles/29662/Exchange-2013-Fix-for-an-Invalid-certificate-and-related-issues.html

MAS
0
BKennedy2008Author Commented:
No thats all good-

What I just did that worked both internally and externally is followed the article https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/exchange/en-US/dc286338-a37e-4a1e-a426-ecec7ba38c87/exchange-2013-not-returning-oab-url-issue?forum=exchangesvrclients
1) New-Offlineaddressbook "New Offline Address Book" -AddressLists "Default Global Address List"

2) Set-OfflineAddressBook "New Offline Address Book" -VirtualDirectories "SERVER1\OAB (Default Web Site)" -IsDefault $True


3) Get-MailboxDatabase | Set-MailboxDatabase -OfflineAddressBook "New Offline Address Book"

4) Restart-Service MSExchangeMailboxAssistants (on all Servers)

5) Recycled the Application Pool MSExchangeAutodiscoverAppPool in IIS (on all Servers)

Worked like a champ.
0

Experts Exchange Solution brought to you by

Your issues matter to us.

Facing a tech roadblock? Get the help and guidance you need from experienced professionals who care. Ask your question anytime, anywhere, with no hassle.

Start your 7-day free trial
MASEE Solution Guide - Technical Dept HeadCommented:
Glad to know you fixed.
0
Jessica KCommented:
Hi,

There is an informative blog by Microsoft, read and implement the steps carefully to fix the error "OAB 0x8004010F an object cannot be found EX2013":
https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/27019.exchange-2013-troubleshooting-error-0x8004010f-the-operation-failed-an-object-cannot-be-found.aspx

Regards,
Jessica
0
BKennedy2008Author Commented:
Found on Web
0
It's more than this solution.Get answers and train to solve all your tech problems - anytime, anywhere.Try it for free Edge Out The Competitionfor your dream job with proven skills and certifications.Get started today Stand Outas the employee with proven skills.Start learning today for free Move Your Career Forwardwith certification training in the latest technologies.Start your trial today
Exchange

From novice to tech pro — start learning today.