We're experiencing an issue with a powershell command. We would like to run this command to simply retrieve the information on several objects. Unfortunately, we've been experiencing issues running the command against most (if not all) of our DCs. This is an issues that is going on intermitently, sometimes it happens sometimes it doesnt. Besides this error, I havent noticed any issues with our DCs. Does any one have any idea what this could mean?
get-aduser lesquivel -server celldepotdc2
get-aduser : A local error has occurred
At line:1 char:1
+ get-aduser lesquivel -server celldepotdc2
+ CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (lesquivel:ADUser) [Get-ADUser], ADException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : ActiveDirectoryServer:8251,Microsoft.ActiveDirectory.Management.Commands.GetADUser
- We have over 30 DCs in the domain which are 2008R2
- All admins in the team are experiencing this same error
Any insights on this would be much appreciated.
1. launched powershell as an administrator
2. Ran Import-Module ActiveDirectory (if it didn't load automatically)
3. Please list the fdqn of the domain after -server not just celldepotdc2