Currently I have a Cisco AIR-AP1142N-K-K9 setup with my NPS Server using EAP, see attached screen shot.
The unit is slow and outdated. We are looking at replacing it with Cisco Meraki MR33
The main part that is different between them that applies to me is the authentication
The meraki does not have PEAP or EAP Mschapv2 listed so I am not sure if it will work for me.
Or if there is a differet method to use.
In the NPS server there arent any of those other mehods listed EAP-SIM or EAP TLS
See screen shot.
Can someone help me confirm that I would be able to replace my unit with Meraki and integrate it with NPS?
The AP1142 has
● EAP Type(s):
◦ Extensible Authentication Protocol-Transport Layer Security (EAP-TLS)
◦ EAP-Tunneled TLS (TTLS) or Microsoft Challenge Handshake Authentication Protocol Version 2 (MSCHAPv2)
◦ Protected EAP (PEAP) v0 or EAP-MSCHAPv2
◦ Extensible Authentication Protocol-Flexible Authentication via Secure Tunneling (EAP-FAST)
◦ PEAPv1 or EAP-Generic Token Card (GTC)
◦ EAP-Subscriber Identity Module (SIM)
◦ 802.11i, Wi-Fi Protected Access 2 (WPA2), WPA
◦ Advanced Encryption Standards (AES), Temporal Key Integrity Protocol (TKIP)
Cisco Meraki MR33 has
Authentication Method: EAP-SIM , Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP)
Compliant Standards: CSA , FCC , IC , RCM , RoHS
Encryption Algorithm: AES , TKIP , TLS , TTLS , WEP , WPA , WPA2-Enterprise , WPA2-PSK