There are several workstations, not all, on the same subnet that are experiencing the same issue. We also have some servers on another subnet also experiencing this issue. Again, not all servers on this subnet. For the sake of security, I’ve changed the subnets here.
• 10.0.1.0 – Offsite
• 10.0.2.0 – Onsite Workstations
• 10.0.3.0 – Onsite Servers
Workstations on subnet 10.0.2.0, are initially slow to load certain websites. I’ve run PING tests from several workstations and found that it takes approximately 30-45 seconds before I finally see successful PINGs. I used the “-t” and “-4” parameters during these tests. One site I noticed the issue on is Google.com. Once I get a successful connection, the site is fine. After about 5 minutes, the issue surfaces once again. I see this same issue with servers on subnet 10.0.3.0 to the offsite subnet 10.0.1.0. If I take the same workstation experiencing this issue and place it on the 10.0.3.0 subnet, the issue disappears.
This is especially critical, because backup jobs run onsite to offsite. Some jobs fail because of this issue. I have to login to the backup server on 10.0.3.0 and run a PING test with the parameters “-t -4” to the repository on 10.0.1.0. Once running continuously with successful PINGs, I can then run the backup job and it will run successfully.