ADFS problem

Hi Guys,

First off my level of knowledge for ADFS is level 0-200 so notthin basiclly

Users get an error when trying to login via our adfs redirection..

An error occured. Contract your system administrator for more information and then some timestamps
Error information
Activity ID: 3020bd82-1b20-4fd8-9c06-b2659390e4e3
Error time: Fri, 15 Dec 2017 11:57:52 GMT
Cookie: enabled
User agent string: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/52.0.2743.116 Safari/537.36 Edge/15.15063

What happend before was we removed a federated O365 domain and removed the UPN suffix for the domain.

Any help explained how to fix will be most apriciated :)
TheWingsDKSystems EngineerAsked:
Who is Participating?
I wear a lot of hats...

"The solutions and answers provided on Experts Exchange have been extremely helpful to me over the last few years. I wear a lot of hats - Developer, Database Administrator, Help Desk, etc., so I know a lot of things but not a lot about one thing. Experts Exchange gives me answers from people who do know a lot about one thing, in a easy to use platform." -Todd S.

Vasil Michev (MVP)Commented:
You have to be more specific here. Is this single users, groups of users, all users? And what do you mean by removed a federated domain, are you still using federation with O365? Did you *convert* the users after removing the domain? This is a mandatory step, otherwise users will not have any way to login. Check the Convert-MsolFederatedUser cmdlet help:

Experts Exchange Solution brought to you by

Your issues matter to us.

Facing a tech roadblock? Get the help and guidance you need from experienced professionals who care. Ask your question anytime, anywhere, with no hassle.

Start your 7-day free trial
TheWingsDKSystems EngineerAuthor Commented:
All users was disabled. the tenant has multiple federated domains belonging to the organization.

The way i solved it was quite simple actually :)

When i removed the domain i used the Remove-MSOlFederatedDomain -DomainName "Mydomain" without the switch -SupportMultipleDomains. And the remove the federation.

All i had to was to run Update-MsolFederatedDomain -SupportMultipleDomain -DomainName "Mydomain"
It's more than this solution.Get answers and train to solve all your tech problems - anytime, anywhere.Try it for free Edge Out The Competitionfor your dream job with proven skills and certifications.Get started today Stand Outas the employee with proven skills.Start learning today for free Move Your Career Forwardwith certification training in the latest technologies.Start your trial today
Office 365

From novice to tech pro — start learning today.