Tech Writing- is "Restore' the proper term for resizing a window in WIn10?


Happy Holidays!

Silly question:

What's the term for the Windows button I've highlighted below?

Is this button called RESTORE?
There's Maximize:

(Maximize button)

minimize, close, and this doo-hickey. I've seen it referred to as "restore" on the drop-down menu at the upper-left of the screen. But, is it correct to say,

"When you restore a window to its default size, the data displays yada yada yada..."

Stephen KairysTechnical Writer - ConsultantAsked:
Who is Participating?
Shaun VermaakConnect With a Mentor Technical Specialist/DeveloperCommented:
McKnifeConnect With a Mentor Commented:
Yes, correct.
JohnConnect With a Mentor Business Consultant (Owner)Commented:
I agree with the above. Sometimes I see  "you can resize the window to its prior size using the middle icon"
Stephen KairysTechnical Writer - ConsultantAuthor Commented:
Thanks, everyone Shaun gets "best solution" b/c of the screenshot, but I aprpecaite John and McKnife's input as well. Happy Holidays.
JohnBusiness Consultant (Owner)Commented:
Thanks - You have a good holiday as well. It is starting to get close and my last billed day is tomorrow.
Question has a verified solution.

Are you are experiencing a similar issue? Get a personalized answer when you ask a related question.

Have a better answer? Share it in a comment.

All Courses

From novice to tech pro — start learning today.