I have SBS2011/Exchange 2010 on a physical server.
I am considering Hosted Exchange service and like to hear about Pros and Cons from those who migrated to it.
1. I know mailbox size limitation is 50GB in hosted exchange service. Email archive service is available, but cost extra. On-prem exchange, I know I can let mailbox size grow beyond 50GB.
2. How does "Setting up Forwarding account to an external email address" work in hosted exchange service? In On-prem exchange, I can create a separate contact person so that incoming email to certain mailbox is forwarded to external email address at no additional cost.
3. I know that perhaps biggest benefit of hosted exchange is that you don't have to worry about exchange database corruption/repair situation which is overwhelming and time-consuming. I am curious if you don't run into any mailbox or exchange database corruption or problems in hosted exchange environment.
4. In on-prem exchange, I am free to add or delete user mailbox anytime and anywhere without having to pay for them.
5. Finally if I decide to keep on-prem exchange service, is there a benefit to upgrade to newer version like Exchange 2016 rather than using Exchagne 2010?
Thanks for your insight in advance.