We have a mixed environment of Outlook clients – 2010 and 2013, though most are on 2013. We are also going through an Exchange migration from 2010 to 2013.
For some users, we are getting reports of not being able to view additional mailboxes post Exchange migration. These additional shared or team mailboxes have been added using the following method:
1. Click the File tab > Account Settings > Account Settings.
2. Select email address in the account list.
3. Click Change > More Settings > Advanced tab > Add.
4. Enter the shared account name and click OK.
5. Click Apply > OK > Next > Finish.
6. The shared mailbox will now automatically display in your Folder pane in Outlook
This shows the additional mailbox below the individuals live mailbox. Now, for some when they have migrated from Exchange 2010 to Exchange 2013, the mailbox header/name shows in the main view but does not unfurl. This is affecting Outlook 2013 clients only. Opening in Outlook 2010 still works but most of the PC's are now Outlook 2013.
We have resolved this by adding the mailbox in another route and that is to use the auto account setup (Add Account from Account Settings).
Question? - Does anyone know if this is a bug or an Exchange Server setup issue.