We help IT Professionals succeed at work.

Outlook 2013 clients defaulting to old on premise Exchange 2013 server instead of Office 365

We are migrating to Office 365 from on premise Exchange 2013.  We updated the autodiscover records on the public DNS but it seems SCP is still taking over..  When let Outlook auto discover and then click manual..  We then select Office 365 but it just hangs?  We tried ADSI edit and reg edit to disable SCP and still no luck.  It says there is no encrypted connection to the server? Any ideas?
Comment
Watch Question

Todd NelsonSystems Engineer
Top Expert 2016

Commented:
Doesn't sound like you are performing a hybrid migration.  What type of migration?

Author

Commented:
It is not hybrid.  All mailboxes are migrated and we used AD connect to sync AD accounts

Author

Commented:
nslookup locally resolves the Office.com autodiscover ..  And SCP is disabled.. But Outlook clients can't auto discover to Office 365...
It ended up working finally..  Not sure to what changed..  I thought maybe it was a DNS issue but it seemed to resolve just fine..  openDNS has been updating slowly lately.. We changed to Google DNS and even tried local DNS.. Later in that day it started to work.. Strange..  It's an environment that we inherited so who knows...

Author

Commented:
Not much of a solution for it just started to work on it's own.. Maybe a delay in DNS.. Who knows...