mDaemon Server sending spams emails


I have a problem on my mDaemon mail server
I have 1 user that is receiving hundreds of mail delivery error as if he is trying to send emails to someone but failed...
The emails are to a weird email 24484763@att.txt

Looking at mDaemon logs I see that it is as if the user is really sending those emails while he is not.

Those ar the actions I took
I formatted his pc and reinstalled outlook
On mDaemon I changed the password of that user and created a complex password (10 char complex).
It worked for few hours then it is coming again...!!

My ISP is threatening to block me as he is saying thousands of emails are being sent as spams...

How to resolve this issue? What shall I do ?
BTW relay is not activated on my mDaemon server.
Pierre AmmounIT ConsultantAsked:
Who is Participating?

[Product update] Infrastructure Analysis Tool is now available with Business Accounts.Learn More

I wear a lot of hats...

"The solutions and answers provided on Experts Exchange have been extremely helpful to me over the last few years. I wear a lot of hats - Developer, Database Administrator, Help Desk, etc., so I know a lot of things but not a lot about one thing. Experts Exchange gives me answers from people who do know a lot about one thing, in a easy to use platform." -Todd S.

IvanSystem EngineerCommented:

do you have configured SPF record on public DNS? Maybe think about configuring DKIM as well, since it is not very hard to do it on MDaemon.

Pierre AmmounIT ConsultantAuthor Commented:
I have no idea about KDim
Care to point me to some details ?
Also spf ??
Dr. KlahnPrincipal Software EngineerCommented:
Sounds like your user has an infected medium, possibly a USB drive, that he's sticking into the system and reinfecting it.  Alternatively, he's visiting some shady web site and getting reinfected.  Check those possibilities out.

If the user has private network shares on a server, either scan them with full sensitivity using the server's antivirus, or restore them from a known clean backup.

If the user disavows reinfecting the system but the problem persists, shut down the afflicted system, remove it, and swap in one of your clean cold spares.  Then if the problem persists, it's something that the user is doing and you have to find out what.
SD-WAN: Making It Work for You

As bandwidth requirements and Internet costs grow, businesses naturally want to manage budgets by reducing reliance on their most expensive connection types. Learn more about how to make SD-WAN work for your business in our upcoming webinar!

IvanSystem EngineerCommented:

SPF allows you to publish list of ip addresses or DNS names from which your domain is sending email, and by that it helps reduce spam.

You can go to and enter your public domain name. After that you will get option for SPF check, or simple enter spf:yourdomain and check if you have that record.

How to generate SPF record>

DKIM is advanced spam protection, which is easy to configure, on MDaemon. How to do it for a bit older version, but still the same process:


Experts Exchange Solution brought to you by

Your issues matter to us.

Facing a tech roadblock? Get the help and guidance you need from experienced professionals who care. Ask your question anytime, anywhere, with no hassle.

Start your 7-day free trial
if the emails actually are emitted by mdaemon spf and dkim won't help. it's most likely something the user does involuntarily. if you formatted the PC, maybe his mobile phone is the one infected ? ... or as pointed out above, there is something he does that gets him infected over and over.
Looking at mDaemon logs I see that it is as if the user is really sending those emails while he is not.

setting up spf is good advice but prevents a different server from sending email on behalf of your users, and incidentally prevents you from being backscattered or flagged as a spammer. it does not apply to any mail that is sent through your server since the originating address will be your server for both legit and non legit email. dkim won't apply either for similar reasons.

feel free to read @drklahn's post if/when you still face the same problem.
It's more than this solution.Get answers and train to solve all your tech problems - anytime, anywhere.Try it for free Edge Out The Competitionfor your dream job with proven skills and certifications.Get started today Stand Outas the employee with proven skills.Start learning today for free Move Your Career Forwardwith certification training in the latest technologies.Start your trial today
Email Servers

From novice to tech pro — start learning today.