I have been asked to recommend a printer model, to be used by some of our guys in the field. These are tradesmen, not IT people. The following are essential:
1. Battery powered.
2. Capable of withstanding storage at high temperatures. These printers could sit in a car for weeks, without use, reaching 50+DegC each day.
3. Capable of printing on A4 paper.
4. Printed output need not be high quality, but needs to be legible, and not fade significantly over a few years.
5. Available in Australia.
The following would be nice:
3. Capable of working in a dusty and hot environment.
4. Smaller the better.
5. USB rechargeable batteries would be good.
6. Cheaper is better, obviously. Prefer under about $500USD.
The following are not important:
1. Colour. Not required, and just adds cost and complexity.
2. Consumable cost per print is not all that important, these devices will only be printing a handful of prints each month.
3. Speed is not very important.